Thursday, August 21, 2008

Whew!!!

Can I just say . . . WHAT A WEEK this has been thus far! It was the first week of school. I have 27 energetic, inquisitive, touchy-feely, in each other's business, cute, darling 1st graders. They are WAY TOO comfortable for the first week of school!!! What happened to the week or two "honeymoon" time of being sweet and shy?

After the 2nd day, I was exhausted, excited about the school year, but very worried about how this year was going to progress with this class and if I would survive. Well, . . .not exactly survive, because I WILL survive, but what I will feel like emotionally and mentally when I am done. I read the classroom management section of "First Days of School", got my brain in gear and some ideas to put in place, received a school blessing from Dad, and was on my way. The rest of the week has been much better, but still VERY exhausting! It doesn't help that the Olympics are on and all the most interesting things that I want to watch are between 10pm and 12 midnight. (I love it, by the way, but just wish it was broadcast earlier!)

Tonight was a bit crazy! I had school, of course, which is always crazy in and of itself. Tonight was Back to School Night for the 1st Grade. It wasn't until 6:30pm, so I stayed from 4pm - 6:30pm, working on getting ready for Back to School Night. Of course, I didn't pack anything for dinner, and so it made for a long day. I didn't get out of the school until almost 8pm. I had about 12 parents not come (very disappointing).

I knew I needed to go to Walmart tonight to buy groceries, etc., and thought I was doing pretty well in arranging to get the school credit card to pick up some prints of my students. Last night, I worked on the pictures and getting them ready. Unfortunately, I didn't take care of it earlier in the evening to order the prints. I didn't get it ordered until almost 8pm (too late for 1 hour photo - they won't be ready until tomorrow morning - too late to use the credit card that I signed for today. Hopefully, it will be available tomorrow, too, for the weekend.

I have a lot going on tomorrow, so I had lots of things I needed to accomplish tonight. I was really hungry and starting to get somewhat weak, so I decided it was probably best to stop at home and get some food first before heading down to Orem for my errands.

I'm going camping tomorrow for my friend's birthday. I wanted to get her a gift card. I won't say the place, since she might read this before tomorrow evening and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. LOL. I thought the place closed at 9pm, so I rushed down there. I was pleasantly surprised that it was open till 10pm. There is a Walmart down there, so I thought I might just go down there, but it looked pretty busy, so I decided to wait. I figured the Lindon Walmart would be less busy. So, I headed to my storage unit to get a pad for the camping trip (can't sleep without it). Unfortunately, it had just closed. I had to call my sister to find out that I was out of luck. Fortunately, she is extremely kind and willing to help me out. She's going to pick it up tomorrow morning and I can pick it up from her work, which is on the way to where I am going tomorrow to meet my friends for our camping trip. Thank goodness for a wonderful sister! I might have been destined for a terrible night's sleep . . . and I need all the sleep I can get these days!!!!

As I headed to Walmart, I received a call and ended up chatting in my car in the Walmart parking for 1/2 an hour. Meanwhile, my night is ticking away and my sleep is slowly disappearing. . . . .

I got home in time to see the men's beach volleyball team win gold. Tomorrow, we are celebrating one of my team colleague's birthday and I have the main dish. So, now I sit typing this, at almost 12 midnight, while the chicken parmesan cooks in the oven. I haven't done anything yet to get ready for the camping trip. I guess it's really cold at night where we are going. I'm having a hard time thinking camping, first of all, since it's been so long, and then I'm having a hard time thinking COLD! It's still HOT! How can I think COLD?

1 comment:

Tori said...

Wow, that is crazy. I agree with you about the Olympics--my body is definitely suffering from lack of sleep! Gymnastics usually went until after 1:00 for us! I've compared times with Mom, and it looks like NBC shows us stuff live but for your time zone it's delayed an hour. So you could be seeing it earlier, but they delay it for some reason. Weird.

Have fun camping! And good luck with school.

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!