So, Summer is officially winding down and it is time to start and get ready for school again. Yesterday, I had an all day professional development meeting with my school. It was good because it got me up and moving in the morning and was an excellent day for talking about literacy with my team. Unfortunately, only 2 of our team of 5 was there. That's okay because the 2 of us had some great discussion and got a lot done that we can share with our team. It's going to be a good year. I realized that even though I'm not back to school until the 11th, next week I really need to spend most of my time in my classroom getting it ready. I have loved this summer, but am excited to get back into the swing of things. I'm excited for school and the faculty, but not excited about being at work everyday at 7:30am. Yuck! And . . . wearing dressy casual again. Maybe I'd better do some shopping, but who has time for shopping?
I tend to get lazy when I'm not busy . . . and then I feel guilty for being lazy . . . and then . . . yes it just goes on and on. I have found that I get more done when I am busy then when I have lots of time! Go figure!
This year, I am collaboration team leader, meaning that I facilitate collaboration on my grade level and get to go to all the meetings and bring back all the information to my team. There is a stipend involved and I like being "in the know" of what's going on, so hopefully it will be a great experience! I've gotten more involved in the district of late. Much of that is due to my roommate, Katie, working in the district office in Math. She's put me in sight of the math coordinators over my grade level. This summer, I have spent time writing assessments or test questions for 1st grade math. I also taught a math class for 1st grade teachers. I was more a facilitator for a working class and that suited me fine. It's great to have these opportunities, helps me to grow in my field, and it doesn't hurt that it brings in some extra funds on the side.
On a side note, I have a first date tonight and we are going to be riding a tandem bike. Cool, huh? I think it will be great fun! What do you wear, though, on a first date, riding a bike in 97ยบ+ weather? Just a thought. I'm also considering purchasing the fluidity bar. Anyone heard of it?
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kelly & Tasha
- Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!
2 comments:
Yay for the date!
Here's what I found on a quick Google of the Fluidity Bar: http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/fluidity_bar_complaints
Do with it as you wish! ;-)
So how did the tandem bike date go? Sounds like fun!
I saw a commercial for the fluidity bar and it looks interesting, but when I googled it because I didn't recognize the name, I got the same page as your friend Jodi. Looks like it really costs around $240. You could probably rig one up yourself with a yoga mat and some wood for less.
Post a Comment