Friday, July 4, 2008

Family weekend!












Last weekend was wonderful! It was my cousin, Keith's wedding to Lisa in the Salt Lake Temple. Extended family came to celebrate. It was so fun to see many of them at a BBQ at my parent's house in Payson on Friday night! We enjoyed visiting with one another. I spent so much time visiting that I only took 2 pictures that night! I hope I can get some copies of pictures from some of the rest of the family. Those in attendance were: Keith and Lisa (my cousin)(along with some of Lisa's family), Jim and Karen(uncle and aunt), Betsy and Ken (aunt and uncle), Jeanine and Mardy (2 more aunts), Paul and Bonnie and Allie and Katie (uncle, aunt, and cousins), Rachel and Luke (cousin and cousin once removed?), Jolene and 3 kids(Jacob, Noah, and one other) (cousin and kids), Jolena and Bill (sister and boyfriend), Greg, Jacob, Caleb, and Lily (brother and kids), Mom and Dad, and I. It was quite the crowd.

Saturday was fantastic as well. I aways weigh in down in Provo on Saturday mornings. (I've lost over 60 pounds in the past few years and am trying to get off the last little bit and onto maintenance. It feels wonderful, by the way, and anyone who wants support in this kind of thing, let me know.) I traveled up to the Salt Lake Temple with my parents and Jolena. I love going to the Temple and it's always a special privilege to witness and see a Temple sealing. There is a very special spirit there that can't be matched. We stayed around for pictures in the hot weather and then headed down to Paul and Bonnie's for more visiting. We all brought got our own lunches and talked some more and had some great laughs. They all crack me up!

Saturday culminated at the Provo reception. It was great to see Scott and Ashley and their 3 kids (my cousin, his wife, and their kids). I hadn't seen them for ages. I always love to go to receptions where Jim (my uncle) is. He always pulls me to the dance floor and we dance (he leads well, thank goodness - it's been so long since I've done social or ballroom type dancing). That's one thing I always remember about my uncle Jim. He would always dance with us girls whenever we got together. I remember dancing on his toes when I was a young girl.

Sunday wrapped up the family weekend with an immediate family BBQ to celebrate Caleb's birthday (my nephew). Lily convinced my parents and I to play a game with her while the boys were downstairs playing pool.

What a great weekend!!!

No comments:

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!