Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Homeplace






Ah . . .the Homeplace . . . currently to be found in a beautiful place on the Columbia River in Washington 8 miles from the Canadian border in a small town called Northport. It's peaceful and tranquil amongst the nut orchard. It's where Grandma and Grandpa live and where we all love to visit. However, Grandma and Grandpa are moving to St. George where it is warm and where there is not so much land and responsibilities to keep up and they can enjoy life to it's fullest. I couldn't let them move without taking one last visit up there. I had a great time! I got to help paint under the deck, go on bike rides with grandpa along the Columbia, be there for an offer on the house, eat amazing smoked salmon, spend a day at the Temple, visit with my cousin in Spokane, talk to my mission President and his wife, serve in the small branch, go to a barn party, get my first stamp in my passport, and spend a day in Canada at Ainsworth Hot Springs! I would have loved to have been there longer, but my summer has been full!

1 comment:

Jolena said...

Oh the Homeplace! Your pictures make me want to go up there again! What would it be like to have a job that I could be off more or less for 3 months! What a novel thought! I have to admit, it makes me sort of jealous. :)

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!