Friday, July 4, 2008

Class for the District

I taught a 3 day class for the District this week. I was a little nervous because I haven't done this before, but it turned out great! I'm not really teaching, but facilitating a working class. My partner and I spend a morning presenting the why's behind the class and the District philosophy in math and then get all the teachers set up in groups and on their way. The rest of the 3 days is spent working on the project and presenting all their work on the last day. We are there as a resource and to keep these teachers on task. :) It turned out very well and next week's class is going to be even better, now that we know what we are doing.

It's a great way to get some extra money in the summer and be involved with the District and be more familiar with the State Core and curriculum I am teaching. I don't know about you, but I always learn more when I teach something.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog too. I miss you too and am sad that you had to go back. :] Oh, and I have a pair of your socks.

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!