Tuesday, July 8, 2008

School, School, School!

Today was the 2nd day of a 3 day class that I've been teaching. We taught it last week as well, and this week is going much better. It usually goes better the second time around. I've changed some of my thinking about teaching math look forward to teaching math this next year. I'm excited to meet with my team next week and talk about some of the things I've learned this summer in my conferences, trainings, and working with the district.

Last night I went in to school. For the summer, everything is off the carpets so they can be cleaned. I started taking things back down and putting them in their places. I just sat and looked at my room for what seemed like forever trying to get a picture in my mind and decide how I want to change things for this next year. I got the momentum going and got an idea of what I'd like to do. I changed bulletin boards and rearranged my room. I'm going to go in a few more times this week while I remember my thinking and get some more done. The last couple of weeks, while facilitating this class, I've gotten several things done for school. We've got lots of time while our group is working on their project. We're there to help, but still have time to "multi-task". I wish I had brought more things to work on for school.

It wasn't all about school, though, yesterday. Katie and I went to play tennis. I use the term "play" very loosely. We stink!!! Neither one of us really plays. We decided we definitely need some help, maybe from the good-lookin' male persuasion. What do you think? :)

1 comment:

Tran said...

Tash, you are such a great teacher and very involved in what you do.. I can never do what you do..

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!