Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tagged Again!

I was tagged with this one a long time ago, by Mindi. I'm pretty sure it was before her baby was born and her baby is over 3 months old. The joys of time off! :)

Ok, here's what I’m supposed to do:
list 3 joys (but I put 6, since that's what Mindi had), 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag 5 other people. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you feel the need to be tagged, go for it! :)

Joys (not in any particular order)
1. Teaching - I love it, though this year has been a tough one
2. Friends - can't help but love them (I've been truly blessed)
3. Family - so much fun - wish I could see them more!
4. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
5. Music - love to sing, play the piano, and listen to it
6. Reading - love to relax this way, though it doesn't happen so much during the school year. You'll probably see me devouring a book, though, in the summer or on vacations. That's why I can't do it during the school year. For one, I'm too exhausted, and for two, if it's a really good book I have a hard time putting it down. That means I probably am losing sleep or not doing something else that I need to be doing or that is more of a priority.


Fears
1. Never getting married and being able to have a family and kids
2. Something happening to my hands so that I can't play the piano
3. Needles - have a tough time with needles and doctors, etc., but do so much better as an adult


Obsessions/Collections
1. The computer - I can't seem to stay away from my computer
2. I forgot about this, until I got out all of my Christmas stuff. I love snowman stuff and have seemed to have grown a collection over the years, especially since I started teaching. I always keep anything having to do with snowmen. I love it!
3. I've started collecting some seashells for school, since my classroom theme is under the sea. The kids love it. I use some of my shells to put on tables for the table that has the most table points. Simple pleasures and very effective!

Facts (I don't know that these are surprising facts, but they are true nonetheless)
1. I've lost over 55 pounds in the last few years! It's changed my life and I love the healthy lifestyle. I hope to never go back!
2. Even though I've lost weight and am much healthier, I still love the bad stuff or the good stuff (depending on your point of view). I think I'm addicted to sugar. I'm fine if I don't taste it or open it, but once it's open at my house, I seem to have to eat it until it's gone, so it's not there anymore (unless I manage just to throw it out or have someone else eat it). It's ugly, but true.
3. I love things neat and clean and organized, but I hate cleaning and should probably be better at organization. Not to have an excuse, but I think it might help when I have more room to call my own.
4. A sudafed was the first pill I was ever able to swallow, and then only with a "gallon" of water (I think it ended up all over me), and that wasn't until my brother went on his mission. I was probably 15 or 16 years old. (I was just reminded, since I just took one, and they are so small.)


No comments:

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!