Friday, December 19, 2008

Aargh!!!!

On Monday, I came home from work and opened my computer to a clicking noise. At first, I didn't think the sound came from the computer, but alas, it was. I turned off the computer, turned it back on to find a flashing gray file folder with a question mark in the middle and the clicking noises. This CAN'T be anything good!!!! Sure enough, I turned it in the other day and got it back today. They said they couldn't do anything about it. The hard drive was bad and they put in a new hard drive. Aargh!!!!

I have decided not to be super frustrated over it, since there is nothing to be done about it. I lost all my files, school and personal, all my pictures from the last year, school and personal, and some music files. I keep realizing more that I've lost, but also grateful for the blog I started this summer, which has some pictures and emails where I have sent pictures or files to others that I can extract from. I also have some pictures on Picasa. I haven't yet looked to see if they are the regular files or just thumbnails. I do have to take a few moments, though, to be a bit sad. . . . . .

OK. Now I'll move on and be SOOOO excited that I have the next 2 weeks off, a week at home and a week in San Diego. Yeah!!!!! Because of blizzard conditions in Alpine this afternoon, I also got to leave school early. They sent the late bus kids on the bus with the early kids and put all the other kids in the library to watch a movie. It was nice to leave early, though very hectic and crazy, and not much closure. We didn't get done all the things we were working on and I'm not ready at all for when we come back in January. Oh well! Yeah for a 2 week vacation!!!!

Hopefully, this cold I seem to have developed in the last 24 hours or so will not go full blown.

I'm so excited for Christmas!!!! I absolutely LOVE this time of year with the snow, lights, decorations, smells, and Christmas music and family and friends! Simply delightful!

3 comments:

Tori said...

That's awful! I only lost two months worth of stuff and that was definitely bad enough.
We have some of the pictures you've taken on our computer, but they're all of Katrina, her birth, blessing, the June trip, or the family reunion! Still, we can share them back with you if you want.

Kelly & Tasha said...

Tori, I would love for you to share those pictures with me. Some of them I have found in emails or on my blog or in Picasa, but not all of them. Thanks!!!!!! I can't wait to see you guys in January!

author said...

Question mark on a folder? That must be a Mac! Yeah, the clicking is a sure sign of a dying/dead hard drive. Do you use Leopard? (OS X 10.5)? You didn't have a Time Machine backup by any chance, did you? It's super easy to do backups under Leopard, you just need another hard drive (while yours is still good, that is).

If you mail me the drive I'd be happy to try a few things that have occasionally worked in the past -- no guarantees, though.

- Bryan

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!