Friday, December 12, 2008

Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert

I heard the news the other day. Alecia called to invite me to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. I was SO excited!!!

What can I say? Truly amazing!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! There were several times when chills started from my toes and traveled up my body. They performed some of my favorites, such as I Saw Three Ships; Sleigh Ride; Jesus, Joy of Man's Desiring; Choruses from the Messiah, including the Hallelujah Chorus. Richard Elliot did an amazing rendition of Go Tell It on the Mountain on the organ. This truly amazes me, since I also "play" the organ.

The guests, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward K. Herrmann were also incredible. Brian sang this English Carol The Friendly Beasts. He sang each part of the animals in a different voice and the Tabernacle Choir was also braying. It was very entertaining and funny. I was very touched when he sang New Words about a little boy learning new words. It made me want to have one of my own. Edward K. Herrmann was narrator for Longfellow's Christmas with the orchestra in the background and then the choir singing behind him. Wow!!! That's all I can say!

What a wonderful, uplifting night with good music and the spoken word, and great friends.

A shot of the Temple and the lights from the Conference Center.


All the friends together, Kayla, me, Katie, and Alecia. (Alecia, Kayla, and I were in a RS Presidency a long time ago in a single's ward; great fun!!!!)



Alecia and I had to take a SP (self-portrait). This was the 2nd try. The first time I managed to close my eyes. :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow! You blogged right when you got home, huh? I am impressed. It was great to see you and I enjoyed the concert very much as well.

Tran said...

Glad you got to go listen to them sing. I always try and get tickets every year. This is the first year I didn't as I got a little side tracked with someone tiny. It truly is an amazing time of the year at temple square and the Christmas spirit is really there.

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!