I had to share a funny story from 1st grade.
For background, I've been sick (but feel much, much better) and one of the subs read a book to my class. It was still on the easel by the chair where I sit to read. Well, I told the kids I was going to read them a book. They were exciting! They love to be read to. I told them they had already heard that book. I had another book I wanted to read. Their response was, "Read it to us again, just like visiting an old friend. We love that book!"
We do Reader's Workshop and I try to instill my love of books to them, so that they might love books. As they read on their own out of their reading box, I ask them what they do if they are done reading all their books and there is still time to read. Well, I told them that we reread books that we love, just like they are old friends. Do we only visit our friends once. No, we love them and want to see them over and over again. So, they say this now when I ask them that question.
I was thrilled when they used it on a class book that had been read to them. Yeah!!!! I thought it was so sweet. How can I say no to that. :)
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kelly & Tasha
- Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!
1 comment:
It was great to see you today!
Have you read "Incredible Ned"? That is such a cool book. I have no idea what grade would be interested in it, but my friend introduced it to me and I had to buy it for myself.
Post a Comment