I don't know what it was about yesterday, but it was a long and tough day for whatever reason. There were no students. We had a half professional day. Friday, my classroom was painted, so all my things were in the center of the room and there wasn't anything on the walls. It's sure nice to have a newly painted room, but I spent the rest of yesterday putting everything back. I don't know what the deal was with my mood, but it kind of stunk. Poor Kelly. It wasn't so great by the time I saw him last night. He was a great sport, though, and helped me put everything back up on the walls. Maybe part of it was I knew this week was going to be a long one. Wednesday and Thursday are 12 hour days with parent/teacher conferences after school. I always love meeting with the parents and it always goes well, but it just takes something out of you to be on your A-game for quite that long.
Well, today is a new day, and I just love teaching!!! I didn't mind not having kids yesterday. Sometimes, it's rather nice to have a little break. However, the short weeks somehow end up being or feeling longer than the regular weeks. Today was great, though. It was so good to see my kids. I'm really enjoying our writing time. . . and for the first year, I started my science rotation with my own class on the day it was planned to start. You see, the first rotation is our own class and if it doesn't go right on schedule, that's okay. It's my time. However, I'm all about routines this year and being better about staying on my schedule, etc. So, yay for me! Also, Friday is a field trip, which are so much fun, but are very exhausting!!! We are going to Thanksgiving Point to Farm Country. It's fun because they also do something on plants, which we learn in 1st grade. They make wheat necklaces. They have a little tube on the necklace where they can put in dirt, water, and some seeds to grow some wheat, I think it is.
I came home from work today in a much better mood! Kelly already noticed when I called him. :)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kelly & Tasha
- Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment