Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowshoeing!

No kids today for school! We had a professional development day! I really enjoy them. It's great fun to spend the day with teachers and not have to worry about the students. We learned about "the secret" and visualized wonderful things happening in our lives. We created a "vision" board of what we'd like to see happening in our life. We spent the afternoon snoweshoing! It was awesome! I've wanted to go, but never gone. It was a beautiful day!

I kept stepping out of one of the snow shoes. I guess it wasn't on my boot tight enough. It didn't help when it came off as I was going down a steep hill. Some teachers were sliding down and I was snowshoeing down, but ended up on my backside. One snowshoe wasn't enough to keep me up. :)
I'd love to go again. Here are some pictures. They go backwards.


Steph

Gorgeous scenery

crossing the stream on some logs


the beginning of the steep part where I managed to get my whole backside wet. :) Justin had to help me get down, since I wasn't having much success not sliding with my snowshoes.


Marie and I



My wonderful team: Jessica, me, Brynn, Jen, and Marie


Jen and Marie


Colleen and Jessica




No comments:

About Me

Kelly and Natasha walk day by day through the blessings and challenges of daily life. Some days are wonderful and others are rough, but somehow we always make it through. It took a long time for us to find each other, but find each other we have. We are learning to be better parents, step-mom for the first time, and bringing a baby together into this world. Life certainly isn't easy, but we are making it work and growing closer everyday and loving each other more each day. This is all possible through our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our journey!